I know it has been a while my haunted friends. At the rate 2020 has been going, I am updating my Zombie Evacuation plan. I also thought I would I let you know that Salem has come out with their Haunted Happenings information for 2020. I am sad to say that a number of events run by the City are cancelled or limited capacity. Please check the Haunted Happenings website for updates to see if your favorite event has been cancelled or now requires a limited capacity ticket. If you plan to visit the City, please plan to wear a mask, be kind to shop owners/workers and be advised of MA travel restrictions. Check individual shops for details for hours/shop protocols.
A shop owner in Salem (she owns Die With Your Boots On Salem, check it out) reminded us that Halloween is in your creepy soul. So even though you may not be able to do what you normally do, like head to Salem in October like me, there are other things you CAN do. Here are some ideas (I borrowed some from her list and added my own):
Eat Pumpkin bread/muffins
Buy Halloween Candles (we bought a bunch from Witch City Wicks, MY FAVE place) https://www.witchcitywicks.com/password
Buy Pumpkin Soap from Bath and Body
Drink Pumpkin drinks (beer, coffee)
Watch Halloween and other Horror Classics (check out Shudder, I love the Ghoul log)
Watch Monster Movies
Watch Hocus Pocus, Casper, Halloweentown, Charlie Brown, Corpse Bride, Nightmare Before Christmas, Sabrina the Teenage Witch Halloween episodes, Unsolved Mysteries, Twilight Zone, Insert your Fave Halloween movie/show
Make Halloween Desserts (you can always find recipes online)
Buy Halloween Candy (see few links below for Salem/North Shore places, they will need support)
9. Decorate inside and outside
10. Check out decorations in neighborhood
11. Make a Halloween Playlist. I do this every year...
12. Buy a Halloween Quilt throw from SewBaloo (I love mine!!!!)
13. SHOP Haunted Happenings Market
14. Shop Salem Shops ONLINE (they will need your support)
15. Tours- Some tour companies have been doing virtual tours (slideshow at this point...)
16. Keep an eye out for handmade Halloween art pieces online
17. I bought a Halloween mask and a Jack Skellington mask from Skeletons in the Closet on Insta
18. Get some Stephen King from Wicked Good Books
19. Carve Pumpkins
20. Check out 31 nights of Halloween
Well, that is the start of the Halloween CAN list. I will do a few more in a follow up. But for now, remember Halloween will have a full moon AND is Saturday. So already it has two great things going for it. Until then, have fang-tastic night.